Friday, November 11, 2011

The calculator

One day last week, Abby and I went to the mall to get a few things. She said, "Oh mom, I really want to ride the calculator!" I said, "the calculator?"

[giggle giggle]

"Oh, you mean the escalator!"  That comment made the girl working laugh.

She has been playing a lot more on her own this week. She'll disappear into her room and close the door. She'll say something like,"I'm doing a very important job." This morning, she was in her room, again with the door closed, and I went to check on her. She was a little reluctant to let me in at first but when she finally did she said "I'm decorating my room for Christmas!" She was putting the new Christmas stickers I got her on her walls. Thankfully, they are not that sticky and should be fine! (She knows though that she's not to put stickers on the wall! Hence the hesitancy to let me in!) I did tell her it was okay, but she should make sure it's okay next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment